The Denver ISSA Chapter is excited to announce the launch of a new mentorship program! The program is designed to formalize relationships between more senior professional individuals in the chapter (Mentors) and security professionals seeking to learn from these people to gain skills or further their career (Mentees).
How do I sign up?
You can find the application and expectations for the program below. A couple of things to note:
- To be a Mentee you have to be a current Denver ISSA chapter member! Non-members are encouraged to join in order to take advantage of this great career opportunity.
- Mentor/Mentee matches are made based on several factors including goals, geographic location and experience. Because we aim to make the best possible matches based on several criteria we cannot guarantee that everyone will be matched.
Why should I become a mentor?
- Contribute to the professional development of the future workforce;
- Help build stronger community fabric;
- Impart the principles of an experienced security professional;
- Gain a broader view of your own community; and
- Give something back to the profession!
Why should I become a mentee?
- Explore the world of work through interaction with professionals in the career of their choice;
- Gain an experienced practitioner's perspective on applying concepts to real-life situations;
- Familiarize yourself with success in a corporate environment;
- Identify long-term professional development goals;
- Grow as an information security professional;
- Gain the capacity to translate values and strategies into productive actions;
- Increase career development opportunities.
I’d like some more details on how the program will work and what is expected. Where can I find out more?
We look forward to your participation!